We would love for you to join our team!
Below you will find job vacancies (when available) and our work experience program for the keen learners.
Job Title: Vertical Garden Technician
* Permanent full time position
* 32 hours per week ($25 Per Hour)
* Based at Loganlea 4131
* Company’s Vision: Growing a Greener World
Company’s Mission: To have more than 1 billion plants flourishing in home and office environments across the globe by 2022.
Aim: To make plant life the prime focus in enhancing human lifestyles and to integrate, map and link the home and business ecosystem to sustainable gardening methods. Help reduce the carbon footprints globally with green, beautiful, healthy, space-saving and sustainable plants for a greener and cleaner environment.
Job Description: To assist with the design, installation and maintenance of vertical gardens and support the achievement of the company’s mission, vision and value.
Report to: Project Manager – Shane Sadkowsky
* Current Qld Driver’s Licence
* Ability to work autonomously
* Professional attitude, good communication, and a commitment to customer service
* Reliable and organised
* Ability to use email and web based maintenance logging systems and willing attitude to learn how to use new technology and systems.
* A demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment
* Ability to work harmoniously in a startup environment as part of a small team
* Genuine interest in this career pathway
* A positive quick learning attitude with an aptitude to think outside the square
* Reliable and punctual
* Interest in new horticultural technologies
* Interest in working at heights from ladders, EWP and Abseiling
* Interest in learning to build electronic boards such as ESP32 and ESP8266
* Interest in learning to program using languages such as Java and Python
* Set up integrated gardening systems assist in the achievement of home and business sustainability goals such as zero waste, cleaner air quality and self-sufficient food production.
* Planning and carrying out daily maintenance runs on vertical gardens around Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast
* Maintaining health and visual appearance of vertical gardens, includes pruning, Fertilising/nutrition, disease and pest management
* Setting up and monitoring irrigation systems
* Source sustainable materials used in construction of gardens
* Carry out soil and water quality tests
* Compliance to safety management plans
* Daily record keeping to enable invoicing
* Co ordinating access & equipment such as EWP’s, Scaffolding, Trestles.
* Working at height
* Nursery work, looking after plants, propagating, watering
* Using scientific method and tools to map, monitor and translate plant related data to achieve optimal plant health
* Facility and grounds maintenance
* Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the company and help build its capability to achieve business goals and objectives
* Attend meetings and training when appropriate
* Facilitating DIY Vertical Gardening workshops
* Assist with development of new horticultural technologies such as building smart electronic irrigation boards with ESP32 and ESP8266 micro computers.
If you are the person for the job, please email your resume and cover letter addressing required skills and selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call +61 0438330160 for more information.
Applications close on (date 27 March 2021)
Work Experience Program
Thinking of starting a career as a Vertical Garden Technician?
Space Plants would like to offer a unique opportunity for plant lovers to kickstart a
career in the world of vertical gardening. We are seeking interested candidates to apply for our work experience program.
Plant life is awesome!
Space plants recognises and celebrates the power of plants and the role that they play in creating healthier, happier and more sustainable cities and lifestyles.
Our mission is to help people love plants for the atmosphere they create. We are striving to give plants a voice and to help them comfortably grow in spaces where they have the biggest positive impact on people. Whether it be growing plants in your apartment, office, restaurant or up the wall of a 70 story skyscraper… space plants aims to be there to make the journey as easy and as rewarding as possible for the plants involved and the people.
This program is here to help you kickstart your relationship and to ensure you get off on the right foot within the magical world of plants and vertical gardening.
About the Work Experience & Program Outline: Gain essential industry skills by;
1. DAY 1: Understanding of the wide array of systems available and key information to help you choose and match the right growing system for the right project.
2. DAY 2: Getting insight into our own designs that use latest technology to help give plants a voice and get hands on experience building solar powered vertical gardens with automatic irrigation systems that recycle water.
3. DAY 3: Getting hands on experience working with world class vertical gardens. Learn about appropriate plants selection and how they grow in their natural habitat. Learn about installation and how they are maintained to ensure they continue to thrive long into the future.
4. DAY 4 & 5: Getting opportunities to partake in a variety of gardening expo’s, DIY Vertical Garden Workshops and network with leaders in the gardening industry.
1. Optional 3 OR 5 days Intensive Work Experience
2. Uniforms, transport, tools provided.
3. Obtain a Vertical Gardening 101 Certificate (after completing day 5).
4. Opportunity for ongoing work experience after finishing the Intensive Program
5. Ongoing Work Experience Students will be considered first when paid positions become available
6. Project Manager - Shane Sadkowsky
7. Based at: Space Plants Head Office - Loganlea 4131
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or contact Shane on 0438330160